God's Promises to the Hidden Man
XV. TEST: Purified Identity and the Promises of God
One of my functions in the body is that of teaching. I wish I could gather everybody who reads these letters into one room and give you a test on what I've said. Unfortunately, I have no avenue for this yet. Today, let me do something else.
I'll give you a test on this page! Following are questions for you to answer based on this letter. See how well you understand what I've said by answering these questions:
1. What is "dualism"? Compare the controversy between "holiness" and "faith" teaching with the controversy between "stoicism" and "hedonism.”
2. What are the two levels of relationship with God seen in Eden?
3. What is the two-fold fulfilment of the second level in question #2?
(Sect. III., Para. 2)
4. How did the fall of man affect man's nature and his ability to enjoy God through creation? What happened to man's identity?
5. Through Jesus we receive new identity. To what level of relationship with God (Ques.#2) does this new identity first correspond?
(Sect. IV., Par. 2.)
6. What is the first step to purifying new identity? To which school of teaching ("holiness" or "faith") does this correspond?
(Sect. IV., Par. 2.)
7. What is the second step to purified identity?
[Hint: It is the theme of this letter!]
The following 9 questions deal with God's strategy for accomplishing the second step of purified identity:
8. What did God implant in us as part of our new identity at new birth (Sect. V., Par. 2) and to what do these correspond? (Sect. VII., Par. 1.)
9. When God speaks to us, is it to all of us or part of us? If only to part of us, which part?
10. What is the difference between the way God speaks to us and the way we hear God?
11. Use your answer to question #10 to explain God's apparent failure to answer our prayers and fulfil our faith.
(Sections VIII and XII, Par. 5-6.)
12. How does failure function to actually make fulfilment of God's promises possible?
(Sections IX and XII., Par. 6.)
13. Give two illustrations from nature that show how our personality is "surfaced" through purification.
(Sect. IX., Par. 2.)
14. Describe the process of pure identity through God's promises in the lives of two Old Testament saints.
15. Explain how "holiness" teaching and "faith" teaching each perpetuate dualism by seeking to avoid failure.
(Sect. XII., Par. 2-3.)
16. Is failure inevitable? Is it necessary? Use your answers to questions #11 and #12 to explain why.
17. Use your understanding of the second step to pure identity (Ques.#7) to reconcile the dualism between holiness teaching and faith teaching.
18. Use your answer to question #17 to explain the fulfilment of Jesus’ prayer "thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven."
19. Use your answer to question #17 to answer the questions in Section VI., Part 1.
20. Where do you find yourself on the scale of obtaining purified identity through the promises of God?
There! That is my test. I seriously challenge everyone reading this letter to take it!... You do not read letters like this through in a few minutes. You have to study them, meditate on them, and digest them carefully till you see where you fit.
This test is to help you know what you should understand by the time you have finished studying! God bless each of you in a special way who takes these letters seriously enough to study them until you become more like Christ for having done so. That's what they are for.
written from Pleasant Valley
Prince Edward Island, Canada
First Love Ministry
- a ministry of Anglemar Fellowship
BACK TO TOP
Page updated May 30, 2018